Monday, July 12, 2010

What I Do

Well, I have a Mac (two, actually, but one of them is a 4th hand-me-down laptop that does not even stay closed unless I put heavy books on top of it and is missing the “B” key and has a sticky backslash key) and use Reunion. And beyond that, I cannot tell you intelligently what I do have. It is not nearly adequate to my genealogy needs, but I barely have enough time to do research, let alone think about and plan technology purchases; that is what my husband is for. The regular stuff on our computers is pretty good, I think, but to list all of it would require that I ask my husband what we have, and that just aggravates him. I do know that I have lots of sticks in pretty colors and an extra box that I back stuff up onto and a printer-scanner-copier (only the printer part no longer works with my computer because my husband updated the operating system on my computer and we can no longer get the driver that makes the printer work with my computer).

The other thing that I know is that I now have enough places to plug all these different little doohickeys and other assorted electronic stuff into, thanks to the two little guys below:





(Thanks to Thomas MacEntee at GeneaBloggers for passing on this meme. Sorry that I fail so dreadfully at it….)

12 comments:

  1. I love your dudes that help you plug in! They are just tooooooooooooo cute! Loved the post too, it was supposed to be humorous, right? ROTFLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Greta, if my situation weren't so similar to yours, I could laugh at your post. And, unfortunately, my husband knows less about computers than I do so I can't rely on for computer care. I'm on my own with my paltry knowledge of technology. I like your little men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We fail together Greta :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We fail together Greta :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta,
    a few years ago, I would have just listed my son, the alpha geek. However, he moved 500 miles away (I dinna think it was to get away from my computer sniveling). Now I stumble along blindly until I hit a brick wall (computerwise--- but sometimes generated by genealogy needs), then to my sniveling, he replies, "Mother, I expect more from you." It's getting so sniveling isn't working very well --- sadly.

    Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doohickies plug into a whatjamacallit that is alot cuter than mine....maybe it's a MAC thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol - Uh, yes, humorous; but pathetic, too, I know.

    Nancy - Glad you like the guys; I'm fond of them, too. My husband knows quite a bit about computers, but sometimes not as much as he says he does - then I'm in trouble.

    Jo - I hate to say it, but I'm so glad I have company!

    Joan - Time to check into blackmail. Works for me (sometimes).

    Linda - My guys will go with all types of computers; you should check your local computer store to see if you can find them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want one. How fun...I am always awesomeized..(new word) over user of Mac's that live in a hugely PC world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hummer - I love the word "awesomeized." Sometimes it's a pain using Macs when you have to wait to get the Mac version of certain programs and apps, but I love the simplicity of it and besides, my husband would never support anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How neat-I've never seen the little dudes before! But I think I need one : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, I must get me some power dudes! How cool!

    ReplyDelete