Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Final Tally for the GeneaBloggers Games


The GeneaBloggers Games have been lots of fun, but I have to wrap up a couple of days early because I probably won’t get a chance to do any more or even use the computer for the next few days.

It’s difficult to pick a favorite activity, but setting up a memorial page on Footnote as well as joining Findagrave and adding transcriptions and photos were something new and I am excited about doing more along these lines on both sites. For five of the challenges I reach my goals, and for Challenge 4 I exceeded my goal. The two best aspects of the Games were cheering one another on and learning new things.


Here are the results:

Challenge 1: Cite Your Sources! – 50 new source citations, Platinum medal

Challenge 2: Back Up Your Data! – Task A, Bronze medal

Challenge 3: Organize Your Research - Tasks A, B, D, and E – Diamond medal

Challenge 4: Expand Your Knowledge - Tasks A, B, C, D, and E – Platinum medal

Challenge 5: Write, Write, Write! – Tasks A, B, C, D, E – Platinum medal

Challenge 6: Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness – Tasks A, B, F, and G – Diamond medal

Best of luck to my fellow competitors in reaching their goals!

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I hope I have the time to participate next year. It looks like a great way to get more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy - You'll definitely have a lot of fun and, if you are like me, a little bit of frustration (getting some of the tools to work).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Greta! I really wanted to do this, but I never got around to starting. Oh, well. Maybe two years from now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Greta, on being named one of the 2010 Family Tree Magazine 40 Best Genealogy Blogs!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete