Friday, August 15, 2008

Texas Death Certificate images at Family Search pilot webpage




















Here is an image of my great-grandfather Harlston Perrin Moore's death certificate.  You can search and bring up images like this one at http://pilot.familysearch.org/ recordsearch/start.html#.  This is a terrific research tool.  In just a short time I have found lots of these certificate images for people in my family tree, with a great deal of information that I did not have, although obviously caution must be exercised -- I can see that there are mistakes -- but the items such as parents' names, date of birth and death, cause of death, and so forth are a great starting point for research or can simply be used to support other sources for the same information.

No comments:

Post a Comment